This Ground Mongolian Beef Ramen is the perfect recipe when your craving Asian flavors, but want to skip the trip to a restaurant. It’s a simple ramen dish that is easy to make on any weeknight when your short on time, and it’s packed full of flavor. If your kids are anything like mine, and love ramen noodles, they are going to love this Asian inspired Ground Mongolian Beef Ramen.
Ingredients needed for Ground Mongolian Beef Ramen
- Ground beef
- Sesame oil
- Garlic, minced
- Ground ginger
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Red pepper flakes
- Sesame Seeds
- Ramen noodles
How to make this easy Mongolian Beef Ramen
This Ground Mongolian Beef is so easy to make and will only take you 20 minutes to prepare. It’s a dish that is simple but full of flavor. You are going to start by browning your ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once browned, drain excess grease.
While beef is browning, you can prepare your sauce. Start by adding sesame oil, minced garlic, ground ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, water, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
Once beef is browned and grease has been drained, add in mongolian sauce and stir to combine. Continue to cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
How to make ramen
This recipe calls for 2 packages of dry ramen noodles and discard the seasoning packet. In a large heat safe bowl, add dry ramen noodles and water until the noodles are fully submerged. Heat ramen in the microwave for 4-5 minutes or until ramen noodles are done. Once cooked, drain the water completely.
Once ramen noodles are cooked and the water is drained, add the ramen to your skillet with Ground Mongolian Beef. Toss to combine well and serve immediately.
More add-ins or substitutions
This recipe is so simple to customize it to your liking. Here are a few suggestions!
- Substitute ground beef for ground turkey.
- Substitute honey for brown sugar if you are cutting back on sugars.
- Serve over rice instead of mixing Mongolian beef with ramen.
- Add in more veggies, like green beans or broccoli.
Ground Mongolian Beef Ramen
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 -3oz. packages dry ramen noodles, discard seasoning
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Once browned, drain excess grease.
- In a small bowl add, sesame oil, minced garlic, ground ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, water, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes. Whisk together until combined.
- Once ground beef is cooked, pour Mongolian sauce over beef and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add both blocks of dry ramen noodles and cover completely with water. Microwave for 4-5 minutes or until noodles are soft.
- Drain water from ramen noodles.
- Add cooked ramen noodles to Mongolian beef and toss to combine. Garnish with green onions and Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!