Summer is not summer without S’mores bars!! I love going camping and sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallow and and hanging out with family and friends and eating S’mores. But, sometimes I want a S’more but I don’t want to build a fire and wash the smoke smell out of my hair! I am a working Mamma and I need that 2nd day hair!! That’s what makes these Smores in the oven so perfect. They are full of gooey marshmallows and chocolate, and have the perfect graham cracker crust without the fire, and the smell.
How to make S’mores Bars
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Crush Graham crackers. There are several different ways to do this. I use a gallon size Ziplock bag and a rolling pin. You could also use a food processor.
In a large bowl mix together Graham cracker crumbs, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Slowly stir in butter until large clumps form.
Press crust mixture into the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish. I like to use parchment paper on the bottom of the pan, it makes for a easier clean up. Place the smores in the oven and bake at 375 for 15-18 min.
While the crust is baking, Chop chocolate bars into 1/2 inch squares.
Once the crust is golden brown remove from oven. Sprinkle all but 1 cup of chocolate chunks onto hot crust. Preheat oven to Broil.
When the chocolate chunks are melted spread evenly over crust.
Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over chocolate, followed by the remaining chocolate chunks.
Place S’More bars in oven for 1-2 mins. or until toasted.
Let bars cool for 15 min. cut and ENJOY!
Every bite of these baked smores are filled with gooey marshmallow, melted chocolate and crunchy graham crackers. The perfect dessert to make you feel like you are sitting around a campfire.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ stick melted butter
- 14 oz chocolate chunks
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a 13×9 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor, or a gallon size Ziplock bag and a rolling pin, crush 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs.
- In a large bowl mix 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 2 cups of flour, ½ cup of granulated sugar, ½ tsp. baking powder, and ½ tsp. salt.
- Slowly add in 1½ sticks of melted butter to graham cracker mixture. Mix until large clumps form.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom of 13×9 inch parchment paper lined baking dish.
- Bake for 15-18 min. or until golden brown.
- While crust is baking cut chocolate into ½ squares.
- Remove crust from oven.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Spread all but 1 cup of chocolate chunks over hot graham cracker crust.
- Once the chocolate chunks have melted, spread evenly over the graham cracker crust.
- Let stand for 5 min.
- Sprinkle marshmallow over the chocolate.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chunks over the marshmallows.
- Place bars in oven until toasted to a golden brown. Approximately 1-2 mins.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand for 15 mins.
- Cut and ENJOY!!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!