Fresh peach salsa is a refreshing appetizer, side dish, or topping. This easy homemade peach salsa recipe combines fresh, juicy peaches, ripe, zesty tomatoes, tangy red onion, spicy jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper for a fruity, spicy, tasty dip that will be a hit at any event!
Don’t you just love peach season? I certainly do, and I love all the delicious peach recipes that come along with tree-ripened peaches. This homemade peach salsa recipe is sweet and savory, and oh so yummy. I like that peach salsa is a little less acidic than a regular tomato salsa, and there is something about the added flavor from the peaches that is just so refreshing. Not only is
it this peach salsa recipe delicious as an appetizer with tortilla chips, but it’s also really good as a topping for fish or pork.
One of my favorite things about this salsa is also how easy it is to make! This easy peach salsa recipe can be made in under 10 minutes! It is the perfect appetizer or topping when you are in a hurry but still want to make something tasty. To make this homemade peach salsa, you will need fresh, ripe peaches, tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper. You probably already have most of those ingredients in your kitchen! When you are ready to make this fresh peach salsa, chop up all of the ingredients and mix them together in a large mixing bowl. Toss them in the lime juice, salt, and pepper. Cover the bowl and let it sit in the fridge until it is chilled, and your fresh peach salsa will be ready to serve.
Why You’ll Love This Peach Salsa Recipe
- This fresh peach salsa can be made in under 10 minutes.
- The peaches add a refreshing, fruity flavor to the salsa.
- This salsa recipe is very versatile! It can be a dip or even a topping.
- You can control how spicy you make this peach salsa.
- It is a good snack to have in the fridge!
Ingredients Needed to make Homemade Peach Salsa
- Peaches: This fresh peach salsa recipe is best with fresh ripe peaches.
- Tomatoes: Roma and beefsteak tomatoes are my favorite for making salsa.
- Red onion: I like red onion in salsa, but feel free to use a sweet yellow onion.
- Jalapeno: Remove the seeds for a less spicy salsa, or leave them in if you like a little extra heat.
- Cilantro: Add more or less to taste.
- Lime Juice: Fresh squeezed lime juice is the best option for this peach salsa recipe.
- Salt and Pepper: Add more or less to taste.
How to Make This Easy Homemade Salsa Recipe
- Step 1: Add chopped peaches, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to a medium mixing bowl. Squeeze fresh lime juice and sprinkle salt and pepper over fruit and veggies.
- Step 2: Stir to combine ingredients well.
- Step 3: Cover and let sit for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy.
How to Store Homemade Peach Salsa
Homemade peach salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Like all salsa’s, this peach salsa will become very juicy the longer it sits. I actually like the flavor of homemade salsa after it has sat in the fridge for a day.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
For some added spice, feel free to throw in a few more slices of jalapenos.
If you want your homemade salsa to be extra fruity, you can easily turn this into a peach mango salsa by adding in some chopped fresh mango.
How to serve this fresh peach salsa
Peach salsa is usually served with tortilla chips as a snack or an appetizer. You can also serve it with burritos, quesadillas, or tostados. Homemade peach salsa can also be served with meat such as pork, salmon, or chicken breasts. I also like to serve it on top of a taco salad.
Easy Peach Salsa Recipe FAQ’s
Can I use canned peaches instead of fresh peaches in this homemade salsa?
Sure, you can use canned peaches, just make sure that they are completely drained. Keep in mind that canned peaches are going to be much softer than fresh peaches.
Does it matter what kind of tomatoes I use in this salsa?
I recommend either roma or beefsteak tomatoes for this homemade peach salsa recipe.
Other peach recipes
Don’t forget to come back and let me know how your easy homemade peach salsa recipe turned out!
Easy Homemade Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe
- 1 lb. fresh peaches, diced
- 1 large roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1 large lime
- 1/2 tsp. salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, more to taste
- Add chopped peaches, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to a medium mixing bowl. Squeeze fresh lime juice and sprinkle salt and pepper over fruit and veggies.
- Stir to combine ingredients well. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy.
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!