These St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Oreo Hat Cookies are a festive and tasty combination of Oreos dipped in melted chocolate, topped with a chocolate-dipped jumbo marshmallow, and garnished with colorful edible rainbows for an irresistible St. Patrick’s Day treat!
How stinking cute are these little edible Leprechaun Oreo Hat Cookies? An added bonus? They taste just as good as they look! They make a festive centerpiece on any table for St. Patrick’s Day and also make a great treat for your kids when they get home from school! Your kids will also love to help you make them.
These little Leprechaun Hats are incredibly easy to make, and you don’t even have to use the stove or the oven! Once you have melted your chocolate in the microwave, just dip your Oreos, then dip your marshmallows and put them on top of the Oreos. After this comes the fun part – decorating! Using your yellow meltables, you’ll make a line around each hat, then add the rainbows. You will have a tasty and cute sweet treat ready to serve for St. Patrick’s Day!
Why You’ll Love These Leprechaun Oreo Hat Cookies
- They are very simple to make and don’t require much equipment.
- They are ready in only a few minutes.
- No baking is required!
- They’re super cute and will impress just about anyone!
- They’re fun to make and decorate.
Equipment Needed To Make These St. Patrick’s Day Cookies
- Medium Bowl
- Cooling Rack
- Piping Bag
Ingredients For Your St. Patrick’s Day Decorated Cookies
- Jumbo Marshmallows
- Edible Rainbows
- Green Melt-Able Chocolate Wafers
- Yellow Melt-Able Chocolate Wafers
What to Serve/Pair with Your St. Patrick’s Day Treats
If you want another themed treat to go along with these festive Leprechaun Hats, try this Leprechaun Bait. It looks super cute on a platter around these hats! If you’re looking for more festive green foods to serve on St. Patrick’s Day, this Best Homemade Guacamole Recipe and these Key Lime Pie Bars (or even these Key Lime Cookies or Key Lime Cupcakes) are great options! Throw some limes in this Easy Brazilian Lemonade, and you’ll have a tasty green drink to tie it all together.https://modernmealmakeover.com/easy-brazilian-lemonade/
Popular Substitutions & Additions
If you don’t have colored meltable candies, use white chocolate and add a little food coloring.
If you aren’t a fan of Oreos, try using Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies, or even the vanilla version of Oreos. To make them extra green and festive, you can use the Oreos with the green mint filling.
How To Store Leprechaun Hat Cookies
These tasty cookies can be stored at room temperature. You will want to keep them in a sealed, air-tight container. If stored properly, they will last for up to 3 days. You don’t have to refrigerate these, but if you do they will last for up to 5 days. Your family will love getting to snack on these throughout the week!
St Patrick’s Day Cookies Leprechaun Oreo Hat Cookies FAQs
Many craft stores, like Michael’s, JoAnn’s, or Hobby Lobby, will have these in their cake-making section. They usually come on a card, not in a bag, so that they don’t fall apart. Walmart also occasionally has them in their party department near cake decorating supplies.
Sure! If you are okay with the differences in the taste and texture in the store-brand chocolate sandwich cookies, you can go ahead and use those instead.
Technically you can, but the chocolate sticks a little better and will hold up better if you don’t plan to eat these or serve these right away. I’d recommend going with the meltable chocolate. If you can’t find yellow, you can add food coloring to white chocolate.
Sure. I prefer the microwave because it’s faster and involves less clean-up, but you can also use the stove. Make sure that you follow the directions for melting on the package. If melting chocolate is overheated, it can become too thick to use.
Other Treat Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Hershey Kiss S’mores Cookies
- Shortbread Linzer Tart Cookies Recipe
- Hot Chocolate Cookies With Jumbo Marshmallows
- Best Ever Oatmeal Raisin Cookies With Quick Oats!
- Copycat Dirt Cake Crumbl Cookie (Soft Chocolate Cake Cookie)
Don’t Forget To Come Back And Let Me Know How Your Leprechaun Oreo Hat Cookies Turned Out!
Leprechaun Hat Cookies
- 10 Toothpicks
- 1 Cooling rack
- 1 pkg Oreos
- 1 pkg jumbo marshmallows
- 12 oz green melt-able chocolate wafers
- 6 oz yellow melt-able chocolate wafers
- 12 edible rainbows
- Using a medium-size bowl melt 12 oz of green melt-able wafers in the microwave. Melt them in 25-second intervals stirring in between, until they are completely melted.
- Using a toothpick, poke it into the cream filling of the oreo and dip it into the green chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off the Oreo, place it on a cooling rack. Continue until all of the Oreos have been covered. Gently tap the cooling rack letting all of the excess chocolate fall off the cookies. Set aside for the chocolate to set.
- Using a toothpick poke the side of the marshmallow and dip it into the green chocolate. Tap the toothpick on the side of the bowl removing all the excess chocolate. Carefully place the marshmallow on top of the cookie making sure it is centered. Remove the toothpick. Continue this step until each cookie has a marshmallow. Set aside and wait for the chocolate to harden.
- In a small bowl melt the yellow melt-ables in the microwave for 25-second intervals stirring in between until the chocolate is melted. Using a piping bag and with a small round tip, make a line around the base of each marshmallow.
- To place the rainbows on the hats use a dab of chocolate on the back of the rainbow and place it on the hats. Let the hats set until they are dry and, enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!