Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas are always a request for family dinner in our home. My kids are always sneaking spoonful’s of the creamy chicken filling faster than I can fill the tortillas. It’s that good!!! Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas are easy, quick and full of flavor. Enchiladas with green chili sauce are one of our favorite Mexican dishes. The flavor from the green chili’s, pepper jack cheese, and green enchilada sauce, are the perfect flavor combination for this Green Chili Chicken Enchilada recipe.
Ingredients for Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Cooked Chicken
- Diced Green Chili’s
- Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
How to make green chili chicken enchiladas
I love how easy green chili chicken enchiladas are to make. If your anything like myself, and love to pick up a couple rotisserie chickens while your at the grocery store to have on hand for the week, this green chili chicken enchilada recipe will be on the table in less than 40 minutes.
Start by preheating your oven to 375F and grease a 9×13 casserole dish. In a medium size bowl, add 1 cup enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature cream cheese, green chilis, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir to mix ingredients well. Add in 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese and shredded cooked chicken. Stir to combine
Next, add 1/2 cup of enchilada filling to tortillas, roll tightly and place them in a greased casserole dish.
How to make enchilada sauce
This is the creamiest green chili chicken enchilada sauce and is the perfect consistency. In a medium size bowl add 1 1/2 cups green enchilada sauce and 3/4 cups sour cream, stir to combine.
Next, pour enchilada sauce evenly over green chili sour cream enchiladas and top with 1 cup pepper jack cheese. Bake uncovered in a preheated 375 F oven for 30 minutes. Serve immediately with sour cream and Pico de Gallo. Easy Green Chili Chicken enchiladas can also be served alongside rice and beans.
Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
Creamy Chicken Filling
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded cooked chicken
- 2- 4 oz. Cans green chilis
- 1 cup Green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 6 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 1/2 cups Pepper jack cheese, shredded
Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
Tortillas and Cheese
- 8 Flour tortillas
- 1 cup Pepper jack cheese, shredded to top enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 9×13 casserole dish
- In a medium size bowl add green enchilada sauce, sour cream, softened cream cheese, green chilis, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Add shredded cooked chicken and pepper jack cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Place 1/2 cup of chicken filling into each flour tortilla. Roll tightly and place in greased casserole dish.
- Prepare enchilada sauce by mixing green enchilada sauce and sour cream in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over rolled enchiladas, and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 350F preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately with sour cream and Pico de Gallo. Enjoy
Have you tried this recipe
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!
Other Favorite Recipes
- Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
- Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos
- Salsa Chicken Taco Bowl
- Authentic Mexican Rice