Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Nachos are simple to make and are perfect for serving at a party or gathering. These easy BBQ chicken nachos are made with crispy tortilla chips, flavorful BBQ chicken, melty cheese, spicy jalapenos, and are topped with a creamy queso blanco for a dinner that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
In our house, you can never go wrong with nachos! I love how versatile they are and how simple they are to make. This BBQ Chicken Nachos Sheet Pan Recipe is one of all-time favorites. I love to serve it at parties, for a game day appetizer, or even for a family dinner. These are definitely not your everyday nachos – they are so much better! In this recipe, we top our tortilla chips with juicy, tasty BBQ chicken, melty cheese, spicy jalapenos, and then drizzle all of it with creamy queso blanco. They are oven baked so the flavors really sink in. Your whole family will love eating these tasty sheet pan chicken tacos.
One of the best things about these nachos is how easy they are to make. The only kitchen equipment you need to use is a sheet pan, which makes cleanup a breeze! You don’t even have to worry about cooking your own chicken – you can grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. You can also use store bought BBQ sauce. Load up a sheet pan with your chips, BBQ chicken, and all of your favorite nacho toppings, pop it in the oven, and you will have an easy dinner or appetizer ready to serve. This is a great recipe for picky eaters – you can customize these nachos with whichever toppings you and your family will enjoy.
Why You’ll Love These Easy Sheet Pan Nachos
- These oven baked nachos are easy to make and won’t make your kitchen a mess.
- This nacho recipe is easy to customize for your picky eaters.
- You can use store bought ingredients, so there is minimal prep work!
- These easy nachos have just the right amount of flavor and a hint of spice.
Ingredients Needed For Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Nachos
- Tortilla Chips
- Cooked Shredded Chicken
- BBQ Sauce
- Shredded Cheese
- Red Onions
- Pickled Jalapenos
- White Queso
How To Make Easy Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Nachos
1-Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2-In a medium size bowl mix cooked shredded chicken and your favorite BBQ sauce until well combined.
3-On the prepared baking sheet layer half of the tortilla chips, half of the cooked BBQ chicken, and half of the shredded cheese. Continue with the remaing chips, BBQ chicken, and shredded cheese.
4-Top with chopped pickled jalapenos and red onion (optional).
5-Place in a preheated oven for 11-13 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
6-Remove from oven and drizzle with queso and extra BBQ sauce. Continue baking for 3-4 minutes.
7-Serve immediately with chopped cilantro and your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Additional Nacho Toppings
These tasty sheet pan BBQ chicken nachos are delicious as is, but I’ve added a few other toppings for your chicken nachos.
- Ranch Dressing
- Sour Cream
- Crumbled Bacon
- Black Beans
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Shredded Lettuce
- Homemade salsa
Can I Reheat Oven Baked Nachos?
These nachos are best when eaten right out of the oven. You can make the BBQ chicken ahead of time and keep it covered in the fridge for a couple days. You don’t want to assemble the nachos too far in advance or you will risk the tortilla chips getting soggy. If you think that you will want to eat your nachos again as leftovers, keep all of your ingredients in separate containers and do it more as a nacho bar rather than oven baked nachos.
Why Make Nachos On A Sheet Pan?
Making nachos on a sheet pan is one of my favorite ways to make nachos. You can evenly layer the chips and toppings so that every layer is bursting with flavor. The nachos and topping will cook more evenly when baking nachos in the oven, and the cheese gets nice and melty. I also love how you can customize the nachos to everyone’s liking, and even put toppings in sections.
What To Serve With Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
These nachos make a great stand alone meal or appetizer, especially with how many toppings you can include. If you would like to serve a dessert with your BBQ chicken nachos, try these Easy Baked Churros. They can bake in the oven while you are enjoying eating your nachos. If you want a dessert that can be made ahead, these Copycat Crumbl Churro Cookies are delicious.
Tips For Making BBQ Chicken Nachos
1-To make this nacho recipe super simple, you can use rotisserie chicken, prebaked chicken, or place chicken breasts in an instant pot and shred.
2-Be sure to spread the chips and toppings evenly so that every bite is loaded with flavor. If you have picky eaters, you can divide your toppings into sections, all on the same sheet pan.
3-Baked nachos in a preheated oven and with the oven rack placed in the middle. This will help ensure that your nachos are evenly baked.
Other Favorite Sheet Pan Recipes
- Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
- One Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Easy Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken
- Take Out Worthy Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
- The Best Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- Oven Baked Chicken Taquitos
- One Pan Chicken And Veggies
Be sure to come back and let us know how your Easy Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Nachos turned out!
Easy Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Nachos
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 3 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup mild pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 cup queso blanco
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium size bowl mix cooked shredded chicken and your favorite BBQ sauce until well combined.
- On the prepared baking sheet layer half of the tortilla chips, half of the cooked BBQ chicken, and half of the shredded cheese. Continue with the remaing chips, BBQ chicken, and shredded cheese.
- Top with chopped pickled jalapenos and red onion (optional)
- Place in a preheated oven for 11-13 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with queso and extra BBQ sauce. Continue baking for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately with chopped cilantro and your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Have You Tried This Recipe??
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience. Getting feedback from you helps me and other readers too!
Also, if you share on INSTAGRAM, use the hashtag #modernmealmakeover and tag me (@modernmealmakeover) so we can stop by and give your post some love. Thank you!